Albert Champion Company was founded by Albert Champion in June 1905 in Boston's South End. In 1910, the company moved to Toledo, Ohio. In 1931, Champion introduced its first suppressor-type spark plugs. It used a carbon-based resistor to reduce the effects of ignition noise on radio waves. In 1989, Champion was purchased by Cooper Industries and is now a wholly owned brand of Federal-Mogul Corporation. Its main products are a line of spark plugs for a wide range of cars, trucks, SUVs, racing, and marine applications. Limited edition sign!